Letter From The Principal
On behalf of the staff at Gallup Central High School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you and your student. We would like to see your student achieve to their highest potential. We recognize that in order for this to occur we need to work together to support them in achieving their goals. We know strong partnerships will help to make a great difference in your student's education. As partners, we share the responsibility for your student's success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your student's learning by ensuring that he/she:
1) Attends school daily and arrives on time, ready for the day's learning experience
2) Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
3) Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
4) Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject
5) Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school
Please consider joining our school volunteer programs as our students can greatly benefit from your involvement and contributions to the school's programs and it's operations. We seek volunteers to help us with the following activities:
1) Teacher-led instructional support, usually in the classroom
2) School-wide events
3) Student recognition events
4) Outreach and recruitment of parent and community volunteers.
Your student has been provided with a copy of our Student Handbook so that you can review them together. If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact the school counselors. It is very important you and your student are fully informed regarding standards of appropriate behavior of a safe and productive school year. The wonder Gallup Central High School staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for you support and look forward to meeting you.
GCHS Principal, Rick Hall