1. START EARLY AND TACKLE ONE STEP AT A TIME
2. FOCUS + WORK HARD - stay off of your phone and YouTube, move away from people who are distracting you.
3. READ - You have to read to do research. The point of research is to gain understanding and argue a point, not to answer a yes or no question. That means you need to read widely. Read things that you agree and disagree with.
4. NO, REALLY, YOU HAVE TO READ....A LOT! - Make sure that you choose a topic that interests you, because you will need to read about it extensively.
5. REVISE CONSTANTLY - The more you learn about your topic, the more you will revise your outline. Once you begin writing, your paper will need to be revised many times before it is ready to be submitted.
6. DON'T PLAGIARIZE - Stealing other people's ideas or work and claiming it as your own is STEALING. Cite your sources. When in doubt, choose to cite.